The sales function is a key source of competitive advantage for organizations—there’s no place where competition is more intense. Having a highly effective salesforce and a consistent developmental approach to sales management are absolute necessities. The ability of sales managers to develop their salespeople has a significant impact on sales team success and revenue results. Consequently, the development of sales managers is a critical success factor for enhanced sales productivity.
Coaching the Counselor Salesperson™ (CCSP) provides sales managers with the skills they need to ensure the ongoing success and development of the salesperson. This capability:
- Provides an understanding of Wilson Learning’s The Counselor SalespersonTM (CSP) concepts and principles
- Offers managers a coaching process—The ABCs of Coaching—that includes a feedback framework (coaching conversations) for developing a team of top-performing salespeople
- Provides managers with practice and experience coaching to real-life sales situations
Used in conjunction with The Counselor Salesperson, Coaching the Counselor Salesperson creates a high performance sales system.
Coaching the Counselor Salesperson helps sales leaders understand the importance of and their role in coaching—specifically, coaching to The Counselor Salesperson skills. They see how they can impact performance through their efforts. Coaching the Counselor Salesperson provides the skills and tools they need to coach their salespeople, which will improve and stretch the performance of their entire sales team.
Learning must be transferred to day-to-day work practices. To achieve this, Coaching the Counselor Salesperson includes components and activities that enhance Participant Readiness, Learning Transfer, and Organizational Alignment.
Participant Readiness prepares sales managers for the overall learning experience:
- Pre-workshop webcast
Learning Transfer design embeds practice and application of new skills. The learning can be flexibly delivered as a:
- Two- or one-day face-to-face, application-oriented workshop
- Blended solution (with The Counselor Salesperson e-learning content followed by the face-to-face coaching session)
- Configured solution based on your needs
Coaching the Counselor Salesperson can be taught by a Wilson Learning facilitator or by an organization’s own leader-trained in-house professional.
Organizational Alignment ensures the organization supports the use of the new skills:
- The Counselor Salesperson: Coaching Playbook provides turnkey actions to help sales managers coach to The Counselor Salesperson skills.
- Coaching the Counselor Salesperson utilizes the post-learning reinforcement resources available to salespeople after attending The Counselor Salesperson.
As a result, The Counselor Salesperson becomes part of your organization’s selling practices, which benefits customers and increases productivity.
Enabling Improved Performance
The Coaching the Counselor Salesperson program features various application and support tools. These additional learning components—tools for communicating expectations, observing behaviors, coaching guides, etc.—ensure that sales managers can hone newly acquired coaching skills and behaviors upon returning to work.
To discover how we ensure learning is reinforced and applied for improved performance, read more about our Learning Journeys.
Organizations that implement the Coaching the Counselor Salesperson program also have access to measurement and impact evaluation tools.
Wilson Learning will partner with your organization to measure the initial behavioral changes and business results. We will work with you to set up evaluation systems that help improve outcomes and sustain the momentum of your implementation.
To learn more about measuring the impact of learning, visit Measurement.